Saturday, October 31, 2009

A rare treat . . .

I was driving down the road, about 5 miles from the house a couple weeks ago and out of the corner of my eye I see an eagle standing in a field. What caught my eye at first was the huge mob of ravens that were obviously giving something a hard time (that's the official job of a raven you know)
When I looked closer, I see a Bald Eagle in the middle of flock protecting his breakfast. What a thrill . . and of course, I didn't have a camera with me! I headed to the house, ran in and grabbed a camera and headed back down the highway. He was still there! (minus his raven friends) Yeah me!


I wish I would have had a bigger lens LOL!
He was in a field just off Highway 66 outside of Kellyville, Oklahoma.


What a beautiful bird!

No comments:

Post a Comment