Thursday, July 9, 2009

Last New Mexico post . . animals

Here is a "Cantalope" on the open range
I can't remember which one of our kids first referred to "Antelope" as "Cantalopes" . . . the name has stuck and now (at least in our family) they are officially all Cantalopes now.
There were Elk everywhere . . . these were on a side of a mountain just outside of Angel Fire. Have you ever heard the sound an elk makes? . . . check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYzWmKlZtrU (not my YouTube post, but what a cool sound) to hear it in the wild is AMAZING!

Wild Turkeys . . when I pointed at a flock on my side of the road and my husband glanced over to look . . two flew in front of the truck from his side . . if he didn't slam on the brakes, I would be posting about that turkey in our windshield that we ate for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment