Saturday, June 19, 2010

Mmmmm . . .breakfast from the Farmer's Market

Don't you love farmer's markets?

I woke up early today and gathered up a box of herbs to take the Bristow Farmer's Market. I included Flat Italian Parsley, Sage, Sweet Marjoram, two types of Basil, and Winter Savory. My car smelled like perfume all the way to town.
I came home with new red potatoes, fresh bread, lemon/poppyseed cake, green beans, blueberries from JoAnn & Willie Peeper (my neighbors just up the highway) and red cabbage (Bob Wyatt said his wife Kris calls it "fish taco cabbage" . . . which just gave me a GREAT idea for dinner!! (thanks Bob!)
When I got home, I had breakfast on the patio (Homemade blueberry jam, stillwarm, sweetened with honey on toasted home baked bread and an endless pot of coffee) . . . .
mmmmm mmmmmm mmmmmm!. . . .


I love corner fruit stands and farmer's markets and all the different goodies you find!
It is a new adventure each week. I love the smells, the sounds, the mingling and visiting with townsfolk . . . it seems to bring out the best in people!

No comments:

Post a Comment