Monday, December 14, 2009

Wanna buy a Ra Bite?

While shopping in Van Buren, we stopped in a great store call the Main Street Connection. They had an old sign on the wall that I didn't see until we were walking out . . . it made me giggle all the way down the street. I finally walked back and asked the lady if I could take a picture of it.

She was thrilled to tell the story! She said she purchased it from an old guy up the road near where she lives, when she stopped to ask him to buy it, he said, "I think it's spelled wrong, let me make you a new one" . . she insisted on buying the original. (it's NOT for sale, I asked). Apparantly the old guy wasn't sure how to spell rabbit, so he stopped a truck on the highway and asked him, this is the spelling the trucker gave him. The gap between the FO and the R is because there was a tree growing where he wanted to nail the sign up and that's why he left the gap. The shop owner pointed out that she especially like the extra efforts like the "dot" in the middle of the O.




She showed me another great original work of "art" that she purchased at a local flea market. This one is hanging in the back of her shop. Apparantly there wasn't enough room for a capitol "D"


If you are near Van Buren, stop into the Main Street Connection in old downtown and let Marcia know you saw her on my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment